Author Topic: Megaupload issues  (Read 3691 times)

Camelstrike

Megaupload issues
« on: 22-02-2010, 19:20:41 »
Hi, first off let me thank z-o-o-m for this wonderful program that lets us share like never before hehehe.

Now, when uploading files to my Megaupload free account some of them say 100% done but 2 things happen, 1st, I dont see the file in my folder, and 2nd, when opening the link provided for the file I get directed to one of the files that DID upload and ARE showing up in the Megaupload folder. As of this moment Im updating FU to 5.2.6.

- Upload speed: 256kbps (27kb/s average speed)
- Computer: Laptop (uploading using wireless)
- FU buffer set to 32kb, uploading 1 file at a time, megaupload account checked.

Thank you for reading and helping me out!
« Last Edit: 26-03-2010, 15:11:42 by z_o_o_m »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Megaupload issues
« Reply #1 on: 22-02-2010, 19:35:59 »
I am not sure if I understand correctly
1) files may appear later, they don't show up immediately - that is server "problem"
2) if you upload some files that are already on megaupload, it gives you old link ... because it is the same file ...

Camelstrike

« Reply #2 on: 22-02-2010, 22:06:55 »
Ok this is what happens, in my megaupload folder (http://www.megaupload.com/?f=ZKGJUECI) I have some MP3 files, in FU it shows "Alpha.mp3" as uploaded but as you can see it is not showing up in that folder and the link I get for this file in FU is Alpha.mp3 but it redirects me to another file called Prozium.mp3. Im thinking it is a megaupload issue but maybe FU is making it go crazy in effect MU doesnt know where to store the file and it gives me an incorrect link. Thanks for the answer.

Offline bb05

« Reply #3 on: 25-02-2010, 19:08:12 »
Hi, first off let me thank z-o-o-m for this wonderful program that lets us share like never before hehehe.

Now, when uploading files to my Megaupload free account some of them say 100% done but 2 things happen, 1st, I dont see the file in my folder, and 2nd, when opening the link provided for the file I get directed to one of the files that DID upload and ARE showing up in the Megaupload folder. As of this moment Im updating FU to 5.2.6.

- Upload speed: 256kbps (27kb/s average speed)
- Computer: Laptop (uploading using wireless)
- FU buffer set to 32kb, uploading 1 file at a time, megaupload account checked.

Thank you for reading and helping me out!

the files not showing up under file manager is 100% MU issue.

I've noticed that it doesn't do this when you have little/no files on an account (test a new account and you'll see what I mean)

as far as the folder issue, no clue, never used it :)

and for uploading existing files already on MU's servers, it should give you a new link provided your not uploading the same file when one already exists in your account.
Read The Rules

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #4 on: 25-02-2010, 20:17:21 »
yes, that is the reason ... when you upload a file, that is already in your account (even with different name), then it gives you the old link ;)
I can't influence this

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: