Author Topic: The program does not even work! Constant Loading screen  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Johnny5isalive

Hi,

So I have been trying to get this program to work for months and months. I have got windows 10 and every time I try and open it all I get is this.

I would appreciate it if you could please tell me why it is not working? There is not even an installer. All I get is a downloaded file called FileUploader.exe which I put on my desktop. I click it and it just opens that above image screen then just stays stuck on that for ages and I can not get out of it. Only way to get rid of it is by going to task manager and end task on the process!

I have tried compatibility options too, I also tried run as admin and also tried running with different compatibility options like different versions of windows and still it does the exact same thing!?

Please please can someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Johnny5isalive

I have also just uninstalled spybot search and destroy incase that was causing conflicts. I also disabled malwarevytes too and I also disabled windows security and still the program fails to start it just stays on that same loading main form screen!

I saw a similar thread someone posted and you suggested that you wanted to get access to their PC to check. I am sorry but I will never allow anyone to have any access to my PC. So I would appreciate it if you can troubleshoot with me by instructing me other methods without you having access to my PC.

Thanks in advance :)

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Send the picture again or mail it to me. I don't see it here, the image hoster does not show it.

Try to put my program into a new folder, do not put it directly on the desktop.
My program does not have any installer. You just download it and run it. That's it.

Offline Johnny5isalive

I find that strange, I see the image I posted just fine in the above post in the post itself the image displays!

Also putting the fileuploader.exe into a folder made absolutely no difference! The desktop is a folder anyway. Every part of a PC apart from if you just put it directly in your C: drive directly c://FileUploader.exe as an example.......
« Last Edit: 10-04-2021, 00:58:54 by Johnny5isalive »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Probably just a temporary issue.

I can't find out from the picture why it does not work.
I can just have a look via TeamViewer.

Offline Johnny5isalive

Like I said in previous post. I will not give a random stranger any access to my PC!

Can you please come up with any suggestions on what else I can do to try and make the program work please?

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Like I said in previous post, I can't find out. I am not a wizard. This is not a typical behavior.

Offline Johnny5isalive

Do you have a version that has an install? Or maybe you could extract all files from the fileuploader.exe and give me a download link to that zip file?

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
My program is just a single exe. Nothing else.
To make sure, upload it anywhere. I will check, maybe it is corrupted.

Offline Johnny5isalive

The file is not corrupt. I have downloaded it hundreds of times.

I will just not be able to use your program which is such a shame because it would have been very useful for me :(

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: The program does not even work! Constant Loading screen!
« Reply #10 on: 11-04-2021, 12:31:18 »
No idea. Mail me. I may try to build a version with logging.

Offline Johnny5isalive

« Reply #11 on: 11-04-2021, 15:54:42 »
I can not understand why others who also have windows 10 are able to run the program just fine but I can not run it. It makes totally no sense!

Is it maybe to do with because I am 64bit and not 32bit?

I also even installed all the latest .net frameworks and all the visual studios too and still your program does not work.

To be honest I would prefer if you could just create a version that has an installer. That way it will at least install it then for me? Maybe then it will work if you made a version have an installer?

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #12 on: 13-04-2021, 17:13:40 »
No idea. There is no reason why it should not work. My program works on any Windows. I also have Win10 64bit.
My program does not have any dependencies (it does not need .Net etc.).
That's why it does not need any installer. You just download it and run it, it is fully portable single file.

Again, I need some specific information - either TeamViewer (you see what I do) or a special version with logging to see where it gets stucked.

Offline Johnny5isalive

« Reply #13 on: 14-04-2021, 01:03:57 »
I will never give a stranger access to my PC ever!

So you will need to provide me a version that has logging then and upload it to a file host do I can download it and test it and then give you the log file. You need to make sure it creates the log file as soon as I click to open it though!

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #14 on: 14-04-2021, 18:13:09 »
Please, send me an email and I will try to help.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: