Author Topic: Buffer Size  (Read 2617 times)

EyesOnly

Buffer Size
« on: 07-12-2014, 03:41:56 »
I know this is been asked a few times I just wanted to make sure I fully understand. I've been using you software for year or so now and its great :) but lately when uploading to all different hosts mostly Go4Up.com out of every 10 files 2 will fail.

I was looking through settings and came across buffer size, my upload speed on a single file is 370 kB/s my buffer was set to 512 kB/s (Broadband). Could that of been cause the odd file to fail??

I've change my buffer size to 256 kB/s as you've send in other posts that you should set it to slightly lower than your upload speed. I'm hoping this fixes the problem I just want to ask for you input see if you thought the higher buffer size could of been causing my failed upload.

I will let you know what happens with new settings, It's just I don't know when or if a upload will fail like it said it only happens like every 2 in 10 files.

Thanks for great software and for any help.
« Last Edit: 08-12-2014, 09:20:53 by z_o_o_m »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Buffer Size
« Reply #1 on: 08-12-2014, 09:20:48 »
It is possible that it may cause some problems on some computer if you set it really too high
but this is not the case.

It is rather possible that it is some kind of server issue and you should report it from program.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: