Author Topic: Proper Queuing: How To UL Files 1-At-A-Time?  (Read 4005 times)

Offline KFP

Proper Queuing: How To UL Files 1-At-A-Time?
« on: 24-09-2009, 12:35:18 »
#1]

- Uploading several split archive files to RS & MU

- To maximize ul speed, I prefer to upload one file at a time

- If I start the first file and queue the rest, once the first ul finishes, not only does the the second in line begin uploading...but all of the other queued uploads start! (All at once)

- As a result I have to monitor the upload process manually; the first file uploads while second is queued, and once I see the pop-up notification of completion, I then change the next file in line from "Paused" to "Ready" (queued) [This is not ideal]

- How do I make it that so each file really stays queued until previous upload completes?

================================

Slightly off topic questions:

#2]

- Does the free version of FIU have capped ul speeds?

- In other words, if I make a donation, are uploads faster?

- If that's the case, how much faster?

#3]

- When an upload begins, the speed shows a crazy fast amount (i.e. 2325 KB/s ) but only for a split second, then goes back to a 'normal' average of 260 KB/s for the remaining duration of the ul.
-> What's going on there?

THANKS ZOOM! ;D
« Last Edit: 06-11-2009, 22:52:44 by z_o_o_m »
newbielink:http://z-o-o-m.eu/file_image_uploader_donate.htm [nonactive]

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Proper Queuing: How To UL Files 1-At-A-Time?
« Reply #1 on: 24-09-2009, 14:27:08 »
1) use "parallel upload count" (second menu) and set it to 1 ... then only 1 file will upload at time
2) if you exceed some limits, your upload might be slowed down if you are not registered. In FUp 4.x you can't set max upload speed, in FUp 5 (Beta) there is this option
3) first packet/buffer is sent faster, I can't change it as this is network "bug"

Offline KFP

Re: Proper Queuing: How To UL Files 1-At-A-Time?
« Reply #2 on: 24-09-2009, 19:54:39 »
1) use "parallel upload count" (second menu) and set it to 1 ... then only 1 file will upload at time
2) if you exceed some limits, your upload might be slowed down if you are not registered. In FUp 4.x you can't set max upload speed, in FUp 5 (Beta) there is this option
3) first packet/buffer is sent faster, I can't change it as this is network "bug"

Thanks ;)
newbielink:http://z-o-o-m.eu/file_image_uploader_donate.htm [nonactive]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: