Author Topic: Where to get old versions  (Read 2974 times)

Offline messiahgov

Where to get old versions
« on: 25-07-2014, 15:51:48 »
Okay, yesterday I updated to v6.8.6, I don't remember which version I had before.

After that update, I have noticed, every time I start any upload with F&IU (1, 2 or 3 slots, it's equal), my overall internet connection gets crappy. I can't even open Google or it takes forever, as an example. Equal if it's in Chrome, Firefox or IE. Or other apps like a cloud manager to upload stuff to my cloud, gets crappy and can't really upload. They and F&IU worked like a charm together before the update, but not now. As soon as I stop the uploads of F&IU, everything is back to normal. Same with other programs that never ever made any problem together with F&IU. File & Image Uploaders haven't made any problem before, just after this update I can reproduce this problem by starting uploads or stopping them. It's bit weird, I don't understand why this is happening. It's very annoying, because you can't do anything as long as F&IU is uploading.

So where can I get old versions of F&IU? =)
« Last Edit: 25-07-2014, 19:35:51 by z_o_o_m »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Where to get old versions of F&IU?
« Reply #1 on: 25-07-2014, 17:15:36 »
It is not likely that this would be caused by a new version.
Try to download program into a new folder and test it with clean settings.
Also, what antivirus do you use?

Offline messiahgov

« Reply #2 on: 25-07-2014, 17:39:39 »
First, thanks for the answer.

I doesn't use any Antivirus or at least it's totally off. Also the Windows Firewall is off. I only use Kaspersky from time to time to scan my whole PC.

In the meanwhile, I used "http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu" to test everything. The result is, without any upload with F&IU I get no red errors etc., but with running uploads I get those red errors:

- Direct TCP access to remote SMTP servers (port 25) succeeds, but does not return the expected content.
- Direct TCP access to remote DNS servers (port 53) is blocked.
- The network you are using appears to enforce the use of a local DNS resolver.
- Direct TCP connections to remote POP3 servers (port 110) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote RPC servers (port 135) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote NetBIOS servers (port 139) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote IMAP servers (port 143) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote SNMP servers (port 161) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote HTTPS servers (port 443) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP connections to remote SMB servers (port 445) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.
- Direct TCP access to remote SMTP/SSL servers (port 465) is blocked.
- We are unable to deliver non-DNS UDP datagrams to our servers.
- The time it takes for your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 3200 ms, which is quite high.

All this was green without any uploads. So it might be my router, I think. I got a new one about 2 weeks ago and never uploaded anything from then until now. So now I used F&IU again and noticed this problem first. In the end, the problem is probably NOT F&IU, but some config shit from the new router.

Maybe someone can give me a hint or something, what could be the problem? It only happens with uploads, as far as I can see. I don't use any other filesharing stuff at the same time (but they worked flawlessly all together months ago, if you ask). I'm a bit confused here... :D

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #3 on: 25-07-2014, 19:35:40 »
My program uploads as fast as possible so if you use wrong - half-duplex - data cable, data can go in one way only and my program use this one way for itself. That might be a reason why it "blocks" incoming (or other) connection(s). Check your data (LAN) cable.
I have no other ideas as I don't know your hardware and configuration ...

Offline messiahgov

Re: Where to get old versions
« Reply #4 on: 25-07-2014, 19:47:31 »
It's the same cable as before, just the router is changed. As far as I could find out, the new one doesn't offer upnp anymore, which makes some things more complicated. But I'm still investigating the problem.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: