Author Topic: Oboom upload speed  (Read 4369 times)

Offline trodas

• Just one crazy computer geek ;)
Oboom upload speed
« on: 04-05-2014, 13:15:05 »
So after being bombarded by the "sign Oboom" advert I choose to give it a try. First at all, the page don't work in Firefox v10 and also not in Opera v11.64, so I resorted to the spying curse - Google Chrome. That works, but the UL speed is only about 270k, while normally I getting 850k ...! That is kinda lame.

I wonder what others experiences with Oboom are. Mine is kinda negative. If the UL speed is so bad, then what is the point of using this anyway?

Also for some reason the account did not seems to work in FireUploader, dunno if I did not do anything bad... gotta double check on this first.

PS. interstingly, smaller 10MB file it uploaded fast. Just the larger 200MB one it do very slow... but speed are necessary for large files. Also the account seems to now working (after I got automatically emailed password) in the "test" button in FileUploader well, but the first login was painfully slow (minutes) ...
At least file(s) ended up in my account (unlike on Rapidgator) :)
« Last Edit: 04-05-2014, 13:59:36 by z_o_o_m »
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :)

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Oboom upload suxx
« Reply #1 on: 04-05-2014, 13:58:35 »
Sorry, as I mentioned in some other topic. This is not a forum to discuss about the sites.
I just can confirm that the upload speed is not good (about 300kB/s here) and I don't think I can do anything about that.

Account should work fine. You just need those DLLs from my homepage (rapidgator needs that too)

Offline trodas

• Just one crazy computer geek ;)
Re: Oboom upload speed
« Reply #2 on: 15-05-2014, 10:42:46 »
I get it working, finally :) Took just some time and email/registration confirmation and even THEN it took some time. Nevermind :)

Maybe they get faster sometime in the future.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: