Author Topic: Adding files on linux  (Read 3448 times)

Offline mahjong

Adding files on linux
« on: 13-04-2012, 12:53:13 »
Dear Zoom!

I really appreciate your work, and the program is working great, although i can't really understand one small flaw: in linux (debian 6 with latest wine) adding files is really (and i mean really really) slow. I'm using a vps to upload files with 1 Gb ram and about 3 Ghz Cpu speed.
When i try to add a lot of files at the same time, cpu and ram is maxing out and the program is idling 10+ minutes or more (20+, depending on the number of files) just to highlight the files i want to add. This problem only occurs when highlighting the files i want to add. After that, adding to queue etc. is as fast as it can be on a vps.
Somehow the file adding mechanism not really fast, maybe reading all the files/filenames into memory (?). Other programs (like krename) adds hundreds of files to a list in an instant. I know that zoomuploader is not a crossplatform program and i never tried it on windows system (so i guess it is a linux problem), but if you would be able to repair this little flaw, i would be more than happy.

Thank you!

Ps: No screenshot and error log added, as the program works as it should, only idling with 100-150 files for 10-20+ minutes while highlighting (and the time grows exponencially if adding more files)
« Last Edit: 13-04-2012, 12:55:33 by mahjong »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Adding files on linux
« Reply #1 on: 13-04-2012, 13:34:03 »
what do you mean with that highlighting?
you select files, drag&drop it into my program?

or you use that "+" button and it is slow to select more files in that dialog?

Offline mahjong

« Reply #2 on: 13-04-2012, 23:28:46 »
Hi!

I use the programs inbuilt add file feature (so yes, the + sign). After clicking on the '+' sign, a window comes up where we can select one or more files. That is the place where the selection is really slow, maxing out CPU and using all the ram. (when, for example i try to select a hundred files).

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-2012, 10:10:01 »
oh, that dialog for choosing files is not a part of my program,
it is part of windows (my program calls this window) - I am not sure if you understand this ;)

so in Linux, Wine has to emulate that and maybe that is the problem,
try drag&drop if it works

I can't do anything with this :(

Offline mahjong

« Reply #4 on: 14-04-2012, 18:19:57 »
Yes, i can understand this, and never tried the drag n drop feature - it works really fast!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: