Author Topic: Slow Upload Speed  (Read 2534 times)

Offline drakie

Slow Upload Speed
« on: 03-04-2012, 13:39:09 »
Hey zoom

I have a 16Mbps upload speed but can't seem to get anything near that with zoom. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. So far only by FTP transfer do I get anywhere near 2000kB/s upload speed.

I've tried various hosts, various buffer size. I've only cracked 350kB/s speed a few times with ddlani.me but never more than 250kB/s with ifile.it. None of the file hosts give me speed over 350kB/s for a single file transfer. Not even when I'm uploading only 1 or 2 files at a time.

Here's a snapshot of 2 files uploading to 2 different hosts. I only uploaded 2 files at one time to show you the speed I'm getting with the 2 hosts. I've already tried bitshare, depositfiles...none of them gives me even half the upload speed I have.

Is there some settings I've missed to maximize my upload speed? I have a registered zoom uploader btw.

Info:
Windows XP SP3 (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)
Eset Antivirus 5.0.95 (already disabled application protocol content filtering/HTTP checking)
« Last Edit: 06-04-2012, 12:52:20 by z_o_o_m »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Slow Upload Speed
« Reply #1 on: 03-04-2012, 13:43:49 »
try DUMeter and webupload,
my program uploads as fast as possible, as the server allows

Offline drakie

« Reply #2 on: 03-04-2012, 13:46:19 »
I know it depends on the hosts server. But my point is. I've read of users having uploaded to the file hosts i mentioned with super fast upload speed with zoom uploader.

They have like 1000-2000kB/s upload speed but I can't even crack 350kB/s. So I'm not sure what's wrong with my settings

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #3 on: 03-04-2012, 14:39:26 »
some users have 1 Gbps connectioin, that is something different :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: