English (Global) > General Discussion

New uploading engine is coming!

(1/9) > >>

z_o_o_m:
When I started developing File & Image Uploader, I didn't know too much about how to make it. Since that time I have learnd many things and I realized, that libraries from Microsoft are really bad (some user experienced "superspeed", many timeouts, bad proxy support, no speed regulation etc.).

Not long time ago I found great libraries and they are great I think. They have much more functions, less bugs and are cross-platform (can run on Linux, MacOS ...). Just my uploader is done for windows (so it won't be that portable). But I hope it will be possible to run it in Wine (in Linux).

So, there it is. You can try it and let me know, if "bad" things disappeared.
I hope that people who had any problem with File Uploader will now try this out and report if this is better :)

http://z-o-o-m.eu/down/new_uploader.rar

It will take me few weeks / months to remake my uploader. I don't know if I add any server during this time as this takes me a lot of time.
Only this week I was looking for a bug in the source of the libraries - just 1 line ;)

I hope it will be ok. Enjoy!

EDIT:
Please, if you can ... report:
- if it works, what system do you use, if any error appears, if link not appears
- if speed regulation works
- if this engine can reach max. speed of your connection (compare the speed with File Uploader)

spuntiga:
hy. the test version just works fine with ubuntu. very nice :D

HoDhOd93:
Does it upload on rapidshare only  ???

Reprobate:
the speeds were good :)
if only i can with other hosts too :D

i hav a 1 gbps dedicated server....so if u need any testing for speed
feel free to contact me :)

kignleo:
upload speed about 50k~70k
no error