Author Topic: disabling link check?  (Read 3422 times)

firemedia

disabling link check?
« on: 29-10-2010, 20:10:53 »
hi zoom, and thank you for this great app.

i have searched the forums but couldn't find a solution to this so i am posting on a new topic.

i can successfully upload my files to mediafire but i still get link not found error. and after this, file statuses are set to FAILED and list isn't cleared automatically.

i checked my files by downloading some of them and unraring and i can say upload is 100% successful. (also, in FIU window, uploaded/size numbers match.)

so my guess is FIU tries to fetch the link of the file (http://www.mediafire.com/?randomstring stuff) but fails to do so, then reports that upload is failed.

And my question is if there is any option to disable fetching the link of uploaded file so my files are shown as successful in the program window.

thanks in addvance.

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: disabling link check?
« Reply #1 on: 29-10-2010, 21:03:46 »
it can't ... when my program can't get the link, it can't show as completed ;)

mediafire is very problematic :(

firemedia

Re: disabling link check?
« Reply #2 on: 29-10-2010, 22:59:06 »
hmm... sorry to hear that :( i just though that was possible... maybe checking if file size and uploaded size matches so it is marked as done. (i don't have so much programming knowledge, so this may had sound weird to you, lol :) )

thank you for your current efforts anyway.

Also a note for mediafire users:
i found out that, if a RAR file has a comment on it, it will NOT be uploaded to mediafire via FIU, but can be uploaded via web.
mediafire currently doesn't allow passworded RARs, so, this is maybe caused by mistaking commented files as passworded by mediafire somehow.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: