English (Global) > General Discussion

Folder Monitoring not working

(1/3) > >>

dadarkda:
Hey z_o_o_m,
I'm testing the Folder Monitoring feature in the premium version.  I tell it a folder, created a selection profile, but it doesn't recognize anything in the specified folder.  Is it not supposed to say "You have to set up a profile (Selection profiles)" in Settings/Misc/3 still?  That's what it says.  I tried empty for all, and tried adding ".rar" in the Extensions menu.  Still doesn't recognize anything in the folder.

It should also be noted that I can drag files on top of FiU and it starts working automatically with my selection profile. 

Thanks,
dadarkda

z_o_o_m:
this is premium function, not available for you ;)

dadarkda:
Hi z_o_o_m,
Actually I paid for the premium version.  I just did it under a different name than dadarkda.   ;D  You mentioned I might have to restart the program for it to work.  I made sure I did that, and the program says "= Registered =."  Under Settings>Misc>3 the program allows me to check Active.  Does it do that even if Premium isn't active?

Thanks,
dadarkda

z_o_o_m:
I see ...
Well, then it should work ;)

I am currently away from my computer, you have to wait few days ...

Anyway, it is allowed for sure ... so make sure
1) you set the directory properly
2) set a profile in Settings->Hosting profiles
3) copy any file into that folder

dadarkda:

--- Quote from: z_o_o_m on 18-06-2010, 09:58:52 ---Anyway, it is allowed for sure ... so make sure
1) you set the directory properly
2) set a profile in Settings->Hosting profiles
3) copy any file into that folder

--- End quote ---

Okay, I double-checked everything.
I set up FiU on a separate system from scratch too, added the registration key.

When you mention "2) set a profile in Settings->Hosting profiles," is "Settings->Selection Profiles" the same thing?  That's what I see in this version, so I set it up under there.  I also get the red text "You have to set up a profile (Selection profiles)" after I set everything up.  Is it supposed to still say that?   Also, I am able to check and uncheck "Active" on the Folder Monitoring screen, so I assume the program understands I'm allowed to use this feature.

I understand that I might have to wait until you're back in a few days.   :)

UPDATE: I just tested FiU on the other system and it works now!  I'll let you know if there's another hiccup, but it seems fine now.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version