Author Topic: Zoom displays implausible (too high) Upload Speed  (Read 3532 times)

Offline manura

Hello,

first, let me thank you for your wonderful program. I'm using it for a long time without any problems, but since I changed to a new server, I have a little problem with Zoom. After starting the Upload, the Speed Display shows me about 170 MB/s per Thread! The Server is only a 100Mbit one, so its definately not possible to get such high rates with one file. The Status bar shows full progress to 100 % in a few seconds(even if its a 2 GB File) but it doesn't put out any links. After freezing at 100 % with still "in progress" for a few minutes(I guess that is the REAL Upload time), zoom adds the complete(and of course working) links. So it seems like the Upload is successfull in the standard time, but zoom is showing to fast speeds and to short upload times.

I changed from my old 100 MBit Server to a newer one(better Hardware but also 100 Mbit).
I'm using the same Configuration as my old server, Windows 2008 R2 Server Web Edition with Eset NOD32 AntiVirus 4. I already tried to disable the Windows Firewall and ALL Activity from Eset. Also I tried to run Zoom as Admin, all of this didn't fix my problem. The zoom configuration is standard, also I tried it with the newest and a older Version(6.3.9). This problem apears on every filehoster I use.

The Error Log in the menu only says:
Code: newbielink:javascript:void(0); [nonactive]
2013-01-06 16:24:23 Application start
2013-01-06 16:24:35 Error #11

Thanks for your help!

« Last Edit: 07-01-2013, 12:04:25 by z_o_o_m »

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
Re: Zoom displays implausible (too high) Upload Speed
« Reply #1 on: 07-01-2013, 12:04:19 »
this is a problem of Eset antivirus,
do not disable it

just go to advanced settings and turn of HTTP scanner ;)
this will fix it

Offline manura

« Reply #2 on: 07-01-2013, 15:27:30 »
this is a problem of Eset antivirus,
do not disable it

just go to advanced settings and turn of HTTP scanner ;)
this will fix it

Hey,

thanks for your fast help! That one worked for me, but is there any possibility to just exclude Zoom out of HTTP Scanner? Because I don't want to let my machine run without any Web Protection..

Best Regards

manura

Offline z_o_o_m

• Administrator
  • just ask me ;)
    • File & Image Uploader
« Reply #3 on: 07-01-2013, 17:03:18 »
I don't know, this happens only on some computers

you can try to reinstall your antivirus,
HTTP scanner is useless anyway ... it does not really protect you as you think :)
real-time shield does the same

Offline manura

« Reply #4 on: 08-01-2013, 09:33:14 »
Okay,

thank you very much for your help!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Human verification ... What is the name of my program? File & Image ********?: